Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Charley Jenkins


Every time I find an artist that I think is amazing I get super excited and do a little research on them.
I think where people come from and their story is so important because often times it influences their music greatly.
What's really cool is Charley Jenkins is from my mom's hometown, and without knowing him I can recognize some of his influences because I know that land.
I know those people.
When he singings the words "A helping hand is just a stone's throw away. You're standing on solid ground when you're standing in this town. Love thy neighbor; it's all about, round here" I can relate to that.
I have memories of being a little girl and visiting my granddaddy's farm and helping people or visa versa.
I have personally been touched by that place.
I love that there is a song that captures the feeling of that town.
When Roosevelt's very own Charley Jenkins made his first album "Round Here" neighbors, friends, and family teamed up to raise $15,000 to help him record it.
Charley Jenkins was on a tv show called Nashville star (the same show Miranda Lambert got her start.)
Charley made it to the top 12.

His accomplishments in country music go on.
He as three albums out "Round Here" "Ridin" and "Hold On".
He has joined the following artists on stage:
Taylor Swift
Jason Aldean
Lady Antebellum
LeAnn Rhimes
Kellie Pickler
Emerson Drive
and many others.

His career is just starting.
I'm on the fan train with no return ticket!
I hope you will give him a listen because if you do, you too, will be ready to board this one way train.

Click here to listen to "Hold On"



                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment